Tuesday, April 27, 2010

209.6 today and holding!

I wrote about accountability the other day and I am glad I did.  I came out of the closet about my obsession.  It felt scary and freeing at the same time.  SkinnyHollie wrote today about her own issues with hiding her food from herself and others.  She wouldn't track food on days she knows she didn't meet her own goals.  I understand this very well.  Eventually, we all need to come clean, but it is frightening.  I applaud Hollie.  She is brave.  I am brave.  We deserve to be healthy and we will.   Today she posted the good, bad and ugly eating she did.  It is a first step or second or whatever step it needs to be.  She is ok and so am I.  Biggest loser keeps waiting for those breakthroughs to happen with the contestants.  They are sometimes small, but meaningful.  I love this show and it gives me courage.  If a 345 lb guy can run a 5K, what am I whining about?  Wow.  Courage.  I love it.  Thanks to everyone out there rooting for me.  I appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, we will both be ok!

    Wow... it's a struggle some days, but at least we are AWARE and WILLING to change.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the biggest loser too and find it to be totally motivating. I thought I was following your blog but just realized it wasnt on my reader! Anyway, I am now! Keep up the good work. I swear this blogging is therapeutic...

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete