Monday, May 24, 2010

Women Food and God

 I am reading this book tittled, Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth.  A friend gave it to me as she found the book very enlightening.  I like the book and the premise is that overeating has to do with filling hole in our spirituality.  In essence, overeating because we feel____ (fill in the blank).  She wants us to think about mindfulness and claims that she has lost and gained back over a thousand pounds in her lifetime.  She won't ever diet again and believes that we can and should eat what we want and if mindful about this, we will stop when full.  Thus, no weight issues.  Hmmm.  It is an interesting idea.  Maybe even one that works.  I do find the writing hard to follow as the auther doesn't stay on one topic for long.  The book is an easy read in that it goes pretty quickly.  The concept is interesting to say the least.  On another note, my weight is stuck at 200.4 for the last several days and each day I get up with hopeful anticipation.  Not today.  Not yesterday nor the day before did I break through that 200 lb barrier.  It is close.  Yesterday was my 49th birthday.   I gave myself a somewhat free day of eating, but didn't go overboard.  It was a nice day and I felt relaxed.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh! I cant wait until you reach Onederland. You are going to be so proud of you! And, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! How can we be twins when I'm four months older than you. Welcome to the great age of 49. P.S. Step AWAY from the scale! smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    I am excited to read that book. I know I have read her stuff in the past. I cannot wait for onederland either!

    ReplyDelete