Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shiritaki Noodles

Wow.  I love these "noodles" because they have no calories, no fat, no carbs, no nothing.  It is awesome.  Tonight I made this dish I made up in my mind.

1 can tomato no salt 16oz diced
1 Yellow bell pepper sliced
1/2 yellow onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp low salt soy
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs basil dried
2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup red wine
1 package Shiritaki noodles

Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper till soft in olive oil
add soy, vinegar, and wine
add basil and red pepper flakes
cook 3-5 minutes
add rinsed and drained noodles
stir
cook 2 minutes

add parmesan cheese when served


Enjoy.  This is delicious.  My son loved it and he grew up eating regular noodles.  Although he can tell the difference in noodles, he thought this dish was delicious.  I highly recommend trying these noodles.

Let me know what you think.  I got mine at Whole Foods.  They were $1.79 and called tofu shiritaki.  I also ordered some online that are the no cal, fat, carb.  This brand does have 20 cal, 1 gram protein, 3 carb.

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of them before but I am game. Going to find them. I love the recipe just got to minus the garlic cause I am allergic to it. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete