Friday, September 17, 2010

How Much Longer

How much longer will it take for me to reach my goal?  I have been stalled out for about 5 months.  It isn't my body that is stalled, it is me.  It is me drinking gin and tonic and wine with dinner.   It is me not following my plan completely.  If I were, I would be at my ideal and desired weight.  I tried this last week to go alcohol free and lasted all of two days.  I enjoy drinking with my friends and it is just too hard to give up.  For those of you who may be concerned that this is a cry for help, stop.  It isn't.  This is not a problem I need AA for.  I only blog about this because I am telling the truth.  Lyn, at Escape from Obesity has escaped.  She continues to lose weight.  She is working her plan.  I wonder how much longer I will continue on this pattern or will I find the strength I need to do what needs to be done.  Will I return to my plan and follow as directed?  I have to or I wont lose the last 40 lbs I want to lose.  How much longer will I give in to my habits which don't get me where I want or need to be?  Stay tuned.  I will let you know.

2 comments:

  1. So I had Clay rig up my computer to my TV screen. Where I can enlarge the font really big to read your blog and still have my foot up in the air. I have a lap table where I place my wireless keyboard and mouse. So wala I am in business now to read your blog.

    Hang in there. Slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am a new mom who is trying to get healthy. I recently started following your blog, and really enjoy your posts.

    I started a blog of my own, and was recently given the versatile Blogger award.

    I hope you won't mind if I pass it onto you?

    Take care,

    Angie

    ReplyDelete